30 June, 2010

Shimmer - Fuel

I swear I have, like, four blog posts at a minimum swirling around in my head, mostly written.  Have I actually sat down to put them up here?  Of course not.  Slacker Lil!  

Anywho, when I first heard this song, I loved it and immediately went out and bought the entire CD.  That's always a good thing to do, right?  Yeaaah.  This is one of those CD's where I only listen to one song on repeat.  Fortunately, it's a great song.  

...love is for fools who fall behind




It's kind of an aching song, I suppose, which is one of the reasons I like it.  An aching for something your heart wants to be possible but your head knows is impossible.  And isn't so much of life like that?  Encountering things, people, opportunities that you'd love to have in your life but then the universe laughs at you and says "you fucking idiot, you thought you could have that - well think again!"  

Oh what a cynical bitch I can be.   

It's too far away for me to hold
It's too far away...

No comments:

Post a Comment