13 May, 2010

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Movie

Time for something fun today. I saw this movie long, long ago (but in this galaxy) and absolutely loved it. It's probably one of the absolute worst movies ever made but it's got the Bee Gees! And George Burns! And Aerosmith! And Billy Preston! And so many other people! All singing Beatles songs! How can you go wrong with that? Apparently, there was dialogue originally but they edited it out because Peter Frampton and the Bee Gees couldn't act. But who cares?! It's Barry Gibb in tight, white pants and satin! My youthful heart just about gave out. I rented this movie over and over and over (I know, I could have said repeatedly but I didn't want to. So there!). By now, I could have bought it but I just wait for it to turn up on cable (which it does fairly regularly without fail) and then sit through it, enraptured even now as I was then. It's pure campy, goofy fun and it's one of my favorite movies of all time. And I'm not even a Peter Frampton fan (his hair was too frizzy, unlike Barry's perfectly feathered and shellacked beautiful brown locks).



Yes, I was totally in love with Barry Gibb. This would have been after I broke Donny Osmond's heart by not wearing my purple socks anymore. Barry was my true love until his younger brother Andy shadow danced his way into my heart. Oh Andy, how I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment